As Jake and I rang in the new year together with two litte dogs, in front of a fire place (both not our very own), with take-out Olive Garden and Wingstop (oh yeah, have to get in our last feast), and 44 episodes of How I Met Your Mother and a little Big Bang Theory thrown in here and there, we sat there and shared some great memories of 2011 and began building upon our little-big dreams for the new year and our future as a couple and I just had to think to myself how wonderful my life truly is.
2011 had many ups and downs as any year does, but I feel like these ups were significant milestones to keep marked along our little path of life. Jake graduated from college, I graduated from college, Jake landed a wonderful job that he loves, I got promoted within the company I tutor for, I am finally a TEACHER!!, I actually have a little bit of money in my savings account, Jake paid off his credit card and built a monster computer to play his neverending games on, I have met and gotten to know new people who I now consider some of my closest friends, Jake and I officially began wedding planning, Jake reproposed to me in the park, on a bench we had our first date at, in front of tons of people and dogs and ducks and I didn't stop smiling for a week, my step-dad (read: most amazing father in the world) and I ran our first 5k (read: 10k by accident), I went out of my comfort zone and joined the Biggest Loser at my gym and actually go to the gym, I learned a lot about myself as a teacher, coach, and person, supported my brother through his first season of lacrosse and couldn't have been a more proud sister (he turned 13 this year, wah.. he's almost as tall as me too), this is a super long run-on sentence, and you might be out of breath.. but last and definitely not least, I learned to be happy with myself and my life and everything within in.
As you can see, 2011 pretty much rocked my socks minus getting in a car accident on rd 68 2 days before Christmas- but it wasn't my fault, I am okay, and my car is being fixed to brand new at other driver's expense :)....
Now, 2012... I have some high expectations for you... but we can work together and it will be great and awesome and happiness filled. I have the best fiance in the world, an amazing supportive family and set of future in-laws, friends and mentors that I could not tell them I appreciate them enough, and mucho plans to aid in this next year filled with laughter, love, and adventure.
Have you caught on yet?
I.am.so.EXCITED.
What a year!!!! Many happy things to come!! I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Now if you would just get a job teaching 5th grade or higher so you can have Aidan and Nadia next year...
ReplyDeleteYES!! I would LOVE LOVE LOVE that! :) Let's keep our fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete