Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Most Dearest Facebook

Dearest Facebook,

I am so sad to admit that after almost being together for 6 years, this day has come. I really, well, you see, things are just not working out. I promise, it is so not you, but definitely me. You have all of the amazing qualities a social networking site should have: pictures, updates of my friends and family as well as updates of the people I really could care less for, invites to fabulous events, conversations on my latest stories or the memories of the past. You know, I have never been a person who thought addiction would phase me, but you my friend, were more than addicting. Holy. Hell. I allowed you to suck way too much time of my day, share too much of my information with the wrong people, and yeah, you are just toxic.

I will not miss the rude or snide comments from people whom I thought were supporters, immature and dramatic posts from annoying ignorant old classmates of mine, criticism from people who have no room to judge, and most importantly, I will NOT miss people trying to put me down or use my facebook as a means to share their opinions about MY life :).

I will miss being able to keep in contact with wonderful friends I have met along my many journies in life as a student, a friend, a coach, a cousin, and a teacher. There are multiple people I will probably never speak to again or know what is going on in their lives but I had to ask myself- do I really need Facebook to keep in touch with the most important people to me? Why should I spend more time looking at their lives on Facebook when I can call them and spend time on the phone, or in person? I will miss being able to post pictures and share of things that make me happy. I will miss reading about other people's experiences in life that I could learn from or share joy with. I think I will have a hard time with this and will miss you greatly- there are so many good things about you.

See, this decision was not easy, but the decision had to be made. For once in my life I am learning to say NO. I spend way too much time doing many things that I could put on the back burner and you my friend, are one of those things. Shame on you for being so addicting, but I do not blame you.. everyone pretty much loves you. I will miss you these next few days and the separation will be hard.. but you see, that is the problem- it should not be this way! I think working some things out in my life right now will give me the power to easily be responsible and have a little more self-control. But until then, it is so long to you and I hope you stay well and maybe one day, just one day I will be back to see what has been going on, but who knows... I might not really miss you at all :). You are officially deleted.

Sincerely,
Me

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh Lexie! I will miss your updates on FB, but I get why you would want to get out of the 'trap'. And for those people who acted sucky to you, you and I both know that they can't handle a beautiful and intellegent woman like you being all grown up and successful. That is just way too much for their little minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you seriously just made my day :) Why thank you! I had some of the best role models- which made it easy! ;)

    I am going to try and keep up with my blog with fun teaching stories of the week or something in addition to everything going on in life... I think this would be a great way for me to be able to look back and see what I was thinking today, a year from now or maybe even 5 years. Should be fun! :) I appreciate your encouragement and support- wuhooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! Keep up the stories:) That is the best idea. There is a woman who turned all of those crazy stories into a book (something about "it's not all flowers and sausages". That would be cool!

    ReplyDelete