Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Everybody dies...

but not everybody lives...

Nicki Minaj and Drake couldn’t have said it better. Who knew that a rap song could turn me into such a sap? I normally do not listen to rap but I love Drake and thought I should give this song a little listen; instant tears. Damn, driving down the road crying is not what I like to call “cool.” Call it a breakdown or a close to quarter-life crisis if you will, but I realized that I don’t live as much as I want to or even better, NEED to. Every day has its own routine and when the new week comes it is the same story day after day. School, work, more work, eat, and sleep. On the weekends: same schedule different day sort of thing. I have a tendency to take on way more than I can chew and drive myself insane in the mean time because I KNOW I can do it- yet, at what cost?

I think I really need to sit down and evaluate my life and what my desires and wants and needs are. Despite the whole “being a grown-up comes with responsibilities bit,” I believe everyone deserves to live somewhere between all of the chaos, and that is something I desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment